I just thought I had it all figured out I guess. Low and behold, I was being blinded by love and didn't really see what was happening...
Nine months ago I was walking beside God everyday. I was going to church and getting as much from the word as I could...All I wanted was to share my spiritual journey with someone who appreciated it all and had just as much passion for Christ as I did....I found that person, so I thought!
Nine months later I am broken again and alone. We shared our passion for Christ for only a short minute, even though at the time I thought it was ongoing...I realized today that nine months ago I broke up with the most important man in my life, God, for someone who never was accepting and understanding of who I am and who my daughter is. For someone who wanted to be first but not return that emotion...He said he stood for Christ and I know in his heart he does. But alone, he does. If this would have happened to me a year ago, I would be miserable and very unsure of what to do with myself...but this all happened after developing such an awesome relationship with my Christ...I may have pushed God aside unknowingly but he has always stayed there with me...
I don't need someone physically beside me for me to be happy...in fact I am more happy without the stress of the other person...I know there is someone out there who does belong at my side and God will find him for me...I am in no rush...Lessons learned from this all!!
So true! Glad you found your way back to the right path....wish it didn't have to be such a painful journey, but we don't learn much from victories, only losses. Love you!
ReplyDelete