I know this pictures is crooked, but hopefully by the end of this blog you will get my point...at least I hope...This picture was taken at my heaviest...Awhile back I had posted about my weight loss journey and where I started...which by the way, posting my heaviest weight on a public site is never the easiest thing to do.....anyways...I started out my journey weighing in at 198.5 on November 9, 2009, wearing an extra large in shirts and size 16 in pants...awful I know. We all know I tried every fad diet under the sun which I always ended up bailing on. I never was one who enjoyed working out...in fact, my main form of exercise was maybe climbing the stairs at my parents or leaning over to grab the remote off the coffee table. That's the honest truth! Come January 2010 I had probably shed around 20 pounds and kept going until I had reached about thirty pounds lost. After that, the only time I paid much attention to my weight was if I had to weigh at the doctor's office. I was noticing that even though I was yet to reach my goal weight, I was still maintaining the weight I had lost. That by itself was a big accomplishment...Then around August, my best friend and I decided we would look into a work out routine that we enjoyed...and we all know our favorite thing to do is...dance!! So we found a place that held Zumba classes and we fell in love...In fact, we loved it so much that we figured why not get paid to do it so now we are Certified Zumba Instructors! So about a month into Zumba I knew I was doing better but not doing as good as I could be in the weight loss department. So my best friend and I talked about it and decided we would commit to weight watchers. We have been going strong with the program for about six weeks and I am happy to announce that two years later I am a size 8, not 16, and my weight as of today is 152.2 for a total weight loss of......46.3 pounds! I still have a few more pounds to go to reach my goal, but every day I am one step closer! Look at me now!
No comments:
Post a Comment