Tuesday, November 1, 2011

"Every time you get angry, you poison your own system."

There comes a point in life when you should ask yourself if you have been angry long enough and if you remember why you are so angry in the first place.  If you are to the point that you can't even pin point the exact origin of said anger then being angry for long enough has been way too long....but if you can answer that and recognize what needs to be done then do it!  That doesn't say you necessarily are letting go of the situation but that you are letting go enough that you are bound by it any longer...I realized last October I was becoming very angry with the situation I was in, but wanted to fight to stay there thinking that would go away....come December things only took a turn for the worse; however, I didn't realize that December would only make the anger worse until months later....February came and life dropped an even bigger bomb shell and that is when I truly discovered how angry I was...which is somewhere I haven't been in a long time and for good reason....A couple months went by and I felt better because I worked through the issue and thought it was resolved....never to be seen again...WRONG!  The situation came back because I let the originator back in.....I battled what all of it meant for several months, trying to decide if it was worth the battle or not....Was I learning a lesson in this at all?  Was this consuming to much of my life?  Was this turning me back into someone I don't want to be?  Yes, Yes, and Yes!  Over the last two months I soul searched while maintaining the originator on a decent leash that wasn't too close but wasn't so far away that it was gone...Here recently I have discovered that I just keep letting the leash out and I don't miss it....If I was suppose to be in "that spot" then I would miss it, but I just don't....Here over the last week or so I have decided that happiness is what I want back...not the stress of the anger and the originator....I was beginning to make things into something they weren't, care about things that in all reality I could care less about, etc.  So I am doing me and answering the questions from the beginning of this post....Have I been angry long enough?  Too long!  Can I remember the point of origin?  Absolutely, I will never forget it and for good reason....I don't want to make the same mistake over and over again....I won't let it go because there is something to learn from it all, but I will let it go in the sense that I will no longer hold the leash of the originator so that those angering situations will be a thing of the past....I have discovered great friends, an ability to take care of myself and enjoy it, some one(s) that want to talk to me and let me be me and love me for who I am in all my craziness!  Normally I battle my decision forever, but not this one....this is the right one for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment