Saturday, October 2, 2010
...and then she said "I love you Mom"
So I should have written this a few nights ago, but my mood was just not allowing it. This week has been so stressful. I still haven't heard a word about that job, I have other personal issues going on and everyone else seems to be having a hard time and sharing it with me. I can't worry about other people's issues, but it my personality to care and just want to help as much as I can. Anyways, I was laying down with Raleigh trying to get her to go to sleep and I decided it was a perfect time to pray and pray hard. I guess I didn't realize how overwhelmed I was because as I prayed I just began to cry. The tears flowed like a waterfall. I was quite about it because I hate when Raleigh sees me upset. No need to bear this burden on my three year old. I just kept praying that God would relieve myself and my loved ones of the stress and that we remember he has a plan for us and that he will guide us and keep us safe. The tears just would not stop and then all of a sudden out of no where a small hand on my back. This hand was soft and gentle. Expressing care and concern and a love that no one else can give me. A little voice spoke up, and while gently rubbing my back, I hear Raleigh say "I love you Mom. I love you Mom." You begin to remember that the stress of life is not worth the worry when you have a precious one who thinks the world of you. My child is my everything and even though maybe earlier in the night I just wanted to pull my hair out, she is my peace and sanity. I love that little girl more than I could ever imagine and to know that she senses my hurt and worry and just wants me to know that she loves me and that it will all be okay makes my days easier. If you have a child, remember that they truly are a blessing from God and all they want is for you to be happy. If you don't, may God bless you one day with the ability to experience the love a child whether biologically yours, a step child or maybe even a niece or nephew. My life would be so different without my child and a handful of other children I love so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

AWWW I ♥ YOU KODI!!!! ∞ has done the same thing to me and it shocked the hell out of me at first then it made me cry even harder cause it was just the most perfect thing ever
ReplyDeletelooking forward to hearing lots and lots about you and Raleigh's life Love ya and think of your often
ReplyDeletemary