Monday, October 4, 2010
Spiritual Journey...
Ahh...our spiritual journey....I think we all at some point in time fall off the beaten path, sometimes for a minute and sometimes for awhile. As for my spiritual journey, well a journey it has been. I thought I found the path of my spiritual journey after I left Danny, and for the most part I did, but what I didn't realize until a few months ago is that I was ready for my spiritual journey to be accompanied by someone who is strong in their faith. I found that someone and couldn't be more thankful. We have started a journey that is not the easiest to go on but with faith we make it. I stumble and they are always there to help pick me up. I am thankful I found someone so strong in their faith that they can do that for me. Sometimes I don't realize just how hard I stumble until they share their infinite wisdom in spirituality. I am lucky to have someone who will share their faith with me and allow me to become more than just a companion in their social life but in their church life as well. As I've talked about, last week was just a rough one for me and he promised that we would go to church this past weekend. And we went and of course, it was like the pastor was talking directly to me. Now, I don't come from a past that really discusses why we cried through church or that prays out loud so that is just a very uncomfortable part of my life that needs to change. Of course, there was no holding back the tears even as hard as I tried and at the end we were given the opportunity to go to the front to be prayed for. He was so patient with me as I tried to decide if I was ready to step up to the plate and he was consoling letting me know he knew I was struggling, that he cared and was there for me. That day a prayer was answered. A prayer that God will swing the door open to the spiritual part of our relationship and he did, just not in the way I expected. I was caught off guard and in a way, I regret never going to the front and allowing God to publicly connect us, but he did privately and for that I am thankful. Next time I will be ready because I am ready now...Now that I know he supports me and is sympathetic to my hardships. My spiritual journey will always by a journey worth taking and every day my faith in Christ will grow and I will learn more of how to let go and let God. A journey that I will take publicly screaming out that I follow Christ's direction for my life not the direction society sees as so right for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment