"God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I can not change, the Courage to change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the difference."
What is one of the things that helps me keep my sanity through my days? The Serenity Prayer! Through my growing relationship with Christ he IS granting the serenity to accept what I can't change, the courage to change what I can and helping me develop the wisdom to know the difference of it all. This world we live in is such a crazy one and I don't quite understand how one could go through their days without holding the hand of Christ. I have struggled my fair share, but who hasn't? God was the one there helping me learn a lesson and giving me the hand to pull me back up out of the hole that I created. God has blessed me with a wonderful daughter, a loving and supportive family and group of friends and a companion who is patiently learning how to understand the crazy works of my brain : ) For a while I thought I would never make it out of the hole I so cleverly dug for myself, but in due time God reached out his hand to help me up the, what seems like, never ending ladder. I guess sometimes we have to swim around in the hole we dug so that we may see the truth of our decisions before we can start making our way up for air. I've always used the Serenity Prayer in my counseling practices, but seem to forget to use it on myself. Thanks to a great friend who brought it up and gave me something that daily reminds me of the Prayer I now find it easier to remember what I am here for and I can just look to that prayer and see it, even if it's the only prayer I speak throughout the entire day. God knows what is in my heart and what is on my heart, I don't have to spell it out for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment