Thursday, May 19, 2011

Let Me Let Go...

" And when you begin to want me back...remember YOU let me go."

Lord, I hope this can be followed, I have a thousand things sprinting through my head....I was once told you have to eliminate the negative people in your life and surround yourself with positive Christians...Great idea; however, people aren't always who they seem to be or make themselves out to be...With that being said, I have taken several weeks to pay attention to what my head and my heart are saying.  I have put myself through the ringer, I've put others through the ringer, and others have put me through the ringer.  I am learning that some aspects of my life need to be changed, some things need to be let go of and some people need to be forgiven, including myself...and with that being said I didn't realize that I needed to forgive some people, well a person, and I don't even know if they realize that...We all know that my mistake list is not a short one and we all know that for the most part I'm not quiet about my life and where I've come from and what has taught me my lessons...Someone in my life has repeatedly told me that somethings need to stay private, or don't be real detailed with certain people, or you truly haven't let that go because you get defensive...Come again?  Just because something works for one person doesn't mean it works for another...Let's get this straight, excuse me while I climb onto my soap box....Some of the things I have done in my past I am over with...excuse me if I get defensive, but I don't take it well when people find the need to judge...so get off your high horse telling me that "I haven't let it go"  There is something I am still dealing with and over the last few weeks I have realized that I need to just forgive myself and forgive the other person that did have a say in it too...I know God forgives me, thank the Lord!  I was going to go talk to someone and see if they can help me forgive myself and forgive that person...That person was going to go with me and then came at me saying if I'm going to bash them they won't go...Seriously?!?  It's not about you!!!  So this got my mind to thinking...Dealing with this on my own is the best way...you didn't involve yourself the first go around so you might as well remove yourself from the second go around.  I've realized I need to make some choices and there are people who need to be removed from my life...some people needed to be added back and some need to stay.  I'm discovering that relationships with my family, my ex husband and a handful of my friends are extremely important.  I am realizing that just because some people are good people they are not good people for me...okay off my soap box and in a nut shell...I'm letting go...I have some really positive people in my life and those people will stay...I love them and they support me for who I am and where I come from...


No comments:

Post a Comment